Sunday, March 12, 2006

"He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus..." (1 Corinthians 1:30)

You are the source of my life. If I try to live and draw life from any other source, it will be in vain. I will be sucking in death. My spirit would shrivel up and convulse and struggle for life, but there would be none if you did not come and save me--breathing your very own Spirit into me, giving me life in your Son, in you. You are life itself. There is no life outside of you, only death and evil. I want to be in you , in Christ, in your Spirit. IN.

You have called me out of the world, out of my sin, out of death, out of fear, out of hell. You have called me into your presence, into your light, into your life, into your truth, into Christ, into your Spirit, into heaven, into love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Into you, where I may abide at all times in your grace. I don't want to exist if it is outside of you. Is that not the difference between acceptance and rejection? Whether or not I am in you? With your or against you? But what rejection will I count if you have accepted me in? None. It is inconsequential. It is impotent. Nothing will come of it. You are the only life and only Judge. If I stand before you in Christ, what have I to fear? I have all joy and peace. I have more or as much as any person who has or will ever live. I am satisfied and then over whelmed. Your goodness is too much for me, you have to reveal only very small amounts to me at a time, and I can barely take in that. Your goodness is not like our 'niceness'--it is Strong and All-Powerful and All - Victorious and Terrible in Might and Majesty.

You have described being in you to be like eating and drinking. Show me how to eat your Word and drink your Spirit. This is food which would never fail to satisfy and drink to quench the deepest thirst of my soul. I would never want any other drink. It must be intoxicating and life-giving. May the Bread of Heaven be the food I never fast from --Lord, make me insatiable for you. Show me the depths and heighths of this kind of joy.

No comments: