Thursday, May 07, 2009

Synchroblog on Tuesday, May 12 , "Performance-Based Acceptance,"

Joel over at Grace Roots has come up with a great idea for us grace bloggers to get together and share a bit of our testimony about our journey out of law into grace.

In order to get a better idea of what this involves, check out the original post here. But to give you a little idea, here's the first part:

A stand alone sentence in Paul Anderson-Walsh's book Until Christ is Formed reads:


Each and every one of us has our own story to tell about the problem of Performance-based Acceptance.
I reckon that's true - and so I ask: What about you? What's your story? In what ways has Performance-Based Acceptance been a problem in your life? In what ways have you gained freedom?


Testimony is one of the most powerful weapons we have to help fight the lies of the enemy and inspire people to faith in the truth of the gospel, so I hope many of us can participate! Look forward to reading all your stories...


P.S. If you don't have your own blog and would like to share, please feel free to write your story and e-mail me with it. I would love to publish it here if you like.

6 comments:

Joel Brueseke said...

Thanks for the link, Jul! Indeed, it's real life testimonies that people can relate to and that help share the hope and freedom that we've found in the gospel of grace. I'm planning to link to all the blog posts that I know about - whether it's one or one hundred :) - so if people want to let me know in one way or another, they'll be included in that.

Jamie said...

Hey beautiful Lady of Grace!

Has pregnancy stolen your memory?? LOL

what is up with Jul & jr.?

jul said...

pregnancy has stolen my willpower haha. No, I haven't been feeling very well yesterday and today but hopefully I'll put something up even if it's obviously going to be late!

Joel Brueseke said...

On my blog post today that links to the various stories, I wrote, "It's never too late..." :) We'd love to hear your story whenever you're able to share it. Praying for you to feel better!

Jamie said...

Oh, Julie! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. ::Shiver:: I remember those days...maybe a little R&R at the beach sometime this summer or even in Philly??

Keeping you and yours in my prayers.

Grace & Peace, lovely Grace Warrior

Jamie said...

Hey, Juls, I've been thinking...you could post on "The Bucket Diaries". LOL

Remember, all that spunk, wit, and wisdom could backup inside of you and give you a brainfart. :D

We sure are missing you, girlie.