Friday, July 21, 2006

Back from Canada (alive) and on the way to Family Camp Celebration Northeast

I had an unexpected trip to Canada last week, to drive my sister home for a funeral. It was an opportunity for the kids and I to visit with my parents, though the it was a sad occasion that afforded us the opportunity. Everything went very well, until we tried to get home, that is. We left on Sunday morning and stopped for church 2 hours later in Fredericton, then drove another hour to eat a meal with my grandparents and aunt and uncle, then drove another hour and crossed the border into Maine without any trouble. About 3 hours into Maine my sister, who was driving the van at the time, suddenly pulled over as the gas pedal locked. We had been in the fast lane surrounded by cars but she managed to pull over in a few seconds at which time the brakes and steering wheel also locked. It was seriously overheated so I filled it with water but the van wouldn't start. A kind man from MA stopped to help us and let us use his phone to call AAA and within the next hour we were towed and taxied to the nearest town which thankfully was within 45 minutes of a friend of mine I grew up with in Maine. Long story short, they came and got us all and we
stayed with her and her family for two days until we found out the van could not be fixed and we rented a car and drove home, finally arriving at 3:00 a.m. on Wednesday. God was very faithful once again, and we are all safe and thankful to him for all of his provision.

Today, we are leaving for MA again to meet lots of great people, spend time with a few we already know, and worship our guts out with them all. We get to hear Terry too and I'm pretty excited and a bit nervous. I think I'm nervous because I'm hoping for God to really do something and afraid he won't and afraid he will...We weren't sure we would still be able to go after the incident with our former van, but God is very merciful and overflowing with grace to us. I'll be posting next week to share some details of the weekend. Please pray for us to have a safe trip and for us and our daughter (who will be coming with us) to encounter God in a real and powerful way.

2 comments:

Dan Bowen said...

I am so so praying for you that God will pour out of the richest of His passion and blessing for you as you get to hear Terry!! Sooo jealous!! But I am even more so excited that his apostolic gifting is there to be used mightily of God.

I know what you mean about the nervous (Will He) and terrified (Won't He) feeling!

Can't wait to hear all about it!!

faith ann raider said...

Hey! The link to the Sam Storms sermons is here - just scroll down a tad!

http://www.bbcmpls.org/SabbaticalInfo.htm