I'm not such a good sport sometimes and I've put this off a bit too long! It's just been a busy time for us with wedding, funeral, and trying to get our house ready to put on the market. But Jesse Phillips from Resurgence tagged me a while back and I've been meaning to post my response for some time now. I'm not going to tag anyone else though since I'm not sure who to choose etc... And don't expect deep theological statements here. I thought it was "5 things I love about Jesus" then read some of the background and it seems it was orignally "5 things I dig about Jesus" but either way here goes:
My 5 things
The top five reasons why I love Christ include:
1. He is constantly revealing more of his abundant grace to me.
2. He's everlastingly kind, and never fails to show me his loving tender kindness in tangible ways when I need it most (usually when I'm feeling least deserving/condemned and faith has ebbed very very low!)
3. He's brought me into his father's family.
4. He hasn't left me an orphan! He's given his Spirit to me who is my source of wisdom, strength, power, love, comfort, encouragement, revelation, well, you get the point...
5. And last but definately not least, he doesn't think I'm fat. This may sound stupid but it means a lot to me.