Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Lions, Crocodile, and Buffalo?

I just watched this amateur nature video and it really got me excited. I know, I'm weird. Anyway, watching a pride of lions attack and catch a baby buffalo, then seeing a crocodile try to grab it from the lions, you lose hope for the poor little guy. But then an amazing thing happens. The buffalo herd comes back and start attacking the lions, and the baby gets up and is taken back into the herd. I just thought of how the devil prowls around like a roaring lion seeking to devour. Then I thought, the church will stand and the gates of hell will not prevail against it! We as the church have so much power in Christ, I got excited about how we can attack the lions even as they're in the midst of feasting on our own and rescue others-- if we stand together and don't give in to fear. I know it's a stretch, but that's really what was going through my head...

3 comments:

Joel Brueseke said...

That doesn't sound far-fetched at all! As a body, we are just like the herd of buffalo, and as Christ lives in and through each of us, there's no other way that His body works, except "together," and I really like how you likened this whole lions, crocodile and buffalo scenario to the body of Christ working together to fend off and prevail against the evil one.

Joel Brueseke said...

I just gotta say, I watched this video around 2pm and I went back to work and couldn't stop thinking about it. :) A couple more thoughts, and I'll be brief:

1) I would bet - although this could never be substantiated of course - that the buffalo that strode up with such force, knocking the lion clear up in the air, had probably been attacked at one point in his or her life! "Take that, you little lion!"

2) The whole scenario is to me a picture of how Jesus goes about seeking and saving the lost. He does it in and through an entire body of people.

jul said...

I appreciate your affirmation of my sanity hehe.