Friday, February 22, 2008

Recipe for Cranberry Almond Oatmeal Cookies

I don't think I've ever posted a recipe on my blog, but I keep getting requests for this one and I thought it would be easier to post it here than to hand it out to individuals.

Here it is:

1 cup sucanat or rapadura (raw evaporated cane juice)

1/2 cup coconut oil (expeller pressed if you don't want a coconut flavor) or butter softened

1 egg

1/2 tsp vanilla

1/2 cup coconut flour (available at bulk barn for those in Canada)

1/2 cup oat flour (also at bulk barn)

1/2 tsp. baking soda

3/4 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp. sea salt

1 1/2 cup rolled oats (not quick cooking)

2/3 cup dried cranberries

1/2 cup chopped or slivered almonds


Preheat oven to 375. Cream sugar and oil together, then beat in the egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients (except cranberries and almonds) and mix well. Stir in cranberries and almonds. Drop by spoonfulls onto greased cookie sheet and flatten with fork or bottom of glass. Bake for 10-12 min.



For more info on coconut flour (or to order coconut flour or other great products), my favorite healthy substitute for wheat flour, visit Tropical Traditions. I also highly recommend the book Cooking With Coconut Flour by Bruce Fife available on the Tropical Traditions site or Amazon. But this recipe is my own concoction! Let me know how they turn out if you decide to give it a try.

3 comments:

Steve & Katie LaBs said...

Mmm that sounds good! I truely miss your cooking inspriations!

Unknown said...

I'm always looking for something new to try, I'll have to add that to the grocery list. How's your winter going?? My hubby and I are thinking of coming out your way - when does it start to warm up! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Do those ever sound good!! My kids will love them, thanks, Julie!

Ellie