Monday, September 29, 2008

The Violent Love of God...(why it's not a good idea to get between God and his children...)

I used a phrase a couple posts back that called God's love violent. I've since been thinking about that...a couple things came to mind. One was how mothers (and sometimes fathers) in nature viciously and fearlessly protect their young from harm. Another was this verse:

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39


Nothing can separate us from God's love because he won't let anything come between us anymore! No matter who or what comes into our lives to threaten us or cut us off from God and his love, it won't be allowed. Our Father will rescue us every time, Jesus is our hero!


1 comment:

lydia said...

This is a great way to see that verse Romans 8:38-39....boy I feel so secure.

Someone once told me I was like a mother lion protecting her cubs with my children........and I had to get vicious recently with a grace hater regarding my kids........I revel to think God is more so that way with me his daughter, and perhaps that is why leaving SGM may have seemed so drastic to some, but my Daddy was protecting me!!!!