Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Breaking Free From Fear, Control, Spiritual Abuse, Shame, and Guilt Manipulation

I just wanted to post some links to a few resources for those who have come out of, are coming out of, or want to come out of legalistic control situations. The first and greatest resource is the true Gospel, the pure good news that Jesus came to bring. He himself declared that he did not come to condemn but to find and save the lost. He also declared that anyone who was heavy laden and weary could come to him for peace and rest, that his yoke is easy and his burden is light. If you are not living in the glorious freedom of this as a believer, than you have been listening to lies. No matter where the lies are coming from, the answer is to hear truth!

Any of the resources I recommend will be based on the fact that they unashamedly preach the good news. Here are some, which I'm sure I've recommended many times before:

Joseph Prince (New Creation Church Singapore)

Bertie Brits (Dynamic Love Ministries)

Steve McVey (Grace Walk)


I'm sure there are many others preaching the glorious good news as well, seek them out and allow God to restore your hearts and minds back to the truth of his loving goodness.

God is not and never will be angry with you ever again, any preacher who even hints otherwise (if you believe in Jesus for your salvation) is a liar perpetuating the agenda of demons. I don't mind stating things so clearly when I have Scripture that states things so clearly! (Isaiah 54) You will not be judged for any sin that Jesus has been judged for in your place, so stop letting arrogant men bully you into jumping through their hoops of godliness. Righteousness is a gift from God, and any true preaching of the Gospel will highlight that fact, not your sin.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, "The righteous shall live by faith."

Romans 1:16-17


Do you see it? In the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed, from faith for faith....not the sin of man is revealed, not from faith to works or obedience to the law. If anyone starts preaching another gospel then he is under a curse, and so are all who believe him. Basic Galatians here...

God wants to set you free from all curses and pour out his blessing on you, but you must believe that Jesus, Jesus alone, is enough for you and your sin, is enough for you and your righteousness. When we refuse to receive the righteousness of Jesus as a gift, we will be left to beating our flesh into submission and obedience. Our flesh will fail us every single time. If righteousness could be gained through obedience to the law, then Jesus died for nothing (Galatians again!).

So if you are not free, you are not sure of God's love for you, are not sure he's not ever angry with you, do not have an abundance of joy, peace, patience, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control etc... you can be sure the old serpent has unlawfully (1 Tim.) slithered back into your life to persuade you that you have not been born again into God's own image, that God has not given you every good thing in salvation, that you need to eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Yeah, if you just have that knowledge what's right, what's wrong (thanks so much pastor for being willing to continually expound this for us) then we will be more like God, more godly. WAKE UP! THIS IS THE DEVIL'S OLDEST TRICK!!!

So people, come out into the glorious light of Jesus who loves you dearly! Hear the truth and believe it, it's not too good to be true, IT IS SO GOOD BECAUSE IT IS SO TRUE!!!! (thanks Rob! I think I really get it most days!)



( P.S. An easy place to start hearing the truth would be the grace stream channel posted right here on my blog...)

5 comments:

SLW said...

Jul,
I'd be interested how you interpret the letters to the 7 churches in light what you've said in this post. I'm guessing it would be quite interesting.

jul said...

Hi! Hope you had a great Christmas and happy new year!

I have spent some time looking over those letters off and on, I don't yet have a solid response yet. Could you be a little more specific with what you think would be interesting (which part of my post made you think of the letters) or share some of your take on it? I'd love to hear it.

I just have to throw in that I so appreciate your humility , at least in the blogosphere... I always enjoy reading your insights etc... on your blog.

Dan Bowen said...

Hey Julie!

Can't express the horrid day I've had today, struggling to throw off the old demons of condemnation, legalism, fear of man etc etc. Your blog was THE breath of fresh air that I needed just before I go to bed!

Btw I was so breath-taken with this quote that it's had to go on our quotes blog!!

http://pentecostalpostitnotes.blogspot.com/2009/01/julie-morris-on-true-gospel.html

Please, please don't ever stop reminding me of the grace of God!

PS: Hey ... I think that proves women can make AWESOME preachers! (Is that allowed?!?!) :)

jul said...

Dan, what an honor to be an encouragement to you! And are you trying to butter me up for something, quoting me, having the audacity to hint that I, as a woman, could preach the gospel? Hehe...is that allowed? Depends on who you ask...pretty sure 1/3 of the angels would like to limit how many of God's sons are 'allowed' to preach the good news.

Yep, that's me, the stay-at-home mom and culinary genius, aka feminist haha.

Love you my brother!

SLW said...

Jul,
Thanks for the holiday cheer. I trust your Christmas was bright and not too cold (was it white?).

As far as the interaction I'd enjoy you exploring with the 7 letters, or at least four of them: it has to do with the issue of the tone Jesus took toward those churches. I suppose Paul attitude toward the Galatians could be explored too (perhaps with great benefit to the defense of the gospel of grace).

And that gospel is certainly worth defending, as you do with boldness. The wrath of God for those who believe was extinguished on Christ. For Christians to walk, shivering, at a distance, in fear of an angry God serves no purpose but the Devil's. Those who walk in fear of punishment are not perfected in love.