Friday, December 23, 2005

Send Your Spirit

I was inspired after reading another blog (http://ern-baxter.blogspot.com/2005/12/could-2006-be-year-of-revival-due-to.html) to write something . Actually, since he mentioned Finney, bad memories came up. I tried to read something on revival by him a few years ago, a book that I 'borrowed' from my dad. Subsequently, I returned to my father's library and removed every book by Finney I could find to prevent further poisoning. That's all I remember, so don't ask me what offended me so much!

Anyway, that 's not what I wanted to write about. Actually, I think I'll just copy down an excerpt from my prayer journal . If anyone reads this and feels that reading another person's prayer is boring, you can stop reading now.

Lord, we call on you to send your Spirit in faith. We are not like those who call on spirits for things (knowlege, power, healing) and believe that the spirits are obligated to respond if the right sacrifices or spells have been given. You come to us out of love. We do not and must not try to 'conjure' you up, but simply ask. You have promised, and we rest all our hope in you and your promise, not in any formula of prayer or obedience.

This is what sets us apart from every other religion. We know we have no control over you, we cannot manipulate you, but we humble ourselves and simply ask, knowing you answer and provide all we need because of your love and mercy. How sad for those who bow to demons , living in fear of not doing the right thing to please them! And it is all deception, for they will devour the souls of their worshipers in the end, no matter how hard they tried to please.

But Lord, don't let me think of you like that! You are the true God, and you have provided for me a perfect sacrifice who lives to perpetually please you on my behalf. So send your Holy Spirit!

1 comment:

Dan Bowen said...

Amen amen amen. Thats so amazing and so resounded in my heart!